Vintage Shopping Like An Internal Grandma



As an introvert in a new city, I've found Meetup to be a really fun, useful app for finding people to hang out with and to explore new places around town. A new Meetup group in my area, dubbed The Internal Grandmas, caught my eye recently, and I had to click to find out more.

The description couldn't have fit my interests better: 'for people who like antique stores, going to the movies, and museums.' Count me in, homie! I joined without a second thought and attended our first event earlier today. Obviously it went well since I literally said my goodbye's and immediately drove to a coffee shop to document our 3 hours together.

We met at a local diner for brunch, then visited two vintage shops in a popular area of town known for its bevy of Mid Century Modern shops and stylishly re-done apartment complexes. Everyone meshed really well and it was super fun. Not to mention it's so nice to be around people that appreciate 80s sequined tops and a good Segway Tour joke.

Here are too many iPhone snaps of our vintage treasure hunt. I managed to find a few things which I'll share sometime in the future, unless I forget. Peace!

















No comments

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Mailchimp link

Newsletter Signup

Subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss new posts!