Currently Loving / Cool Girls On Youtube



I know it's supposed to be a musical interpretation of the 'cool girl' passage from Gone Girl—which is super clear re: the false advertising of the so-called ✨cool girl—but let's just pretend I mean only good things when I say: you should totally read this post all about cool girls while you listen to Tove Lo's "Cool Girl."

Here, I'll make it easy for you:




Anyway, on to the meat of this post.

YouTube. Lately, I've been using it to find new music + to be inspired by other creative women. So I'm sharing this list of some of the fashion + style channels I'm currently subscribed to, in order to catalog my taste and inspirations. I find value + inspiration from the creative output of these women and I hope you do too.

I've always low key enjoyed watching thrift haul + styling vids, but there are a bunch of women who take theirs to the next level, visually speaking. Obviously, great style is a factor, but these channels also have 1) fun editing, 2) inspiring visual design ideas, and 3) good music.

To The 9s



To The 9s is Cassie & Ricci and I their vids are simple yet well produced, plus their style feels modern but down to earth. Like they're not trying to be too fancy or trendy. V chill and I'm good with it. (Also I drew them here & here, for their #drawtothe9s hashtag on insta)

Julia Lee



I don't know, maybe I'm a sucker for artsy visuals and the simplicity of her channel design, but I'm way into it! She also makes these tight little conceptual/aesthetic films that are super pleasant to watch.

Rian Phin



Okay you know I like Rian Phin. Her vids are low key low key but also high key??? Like I'm into her overall aesthetic, but her channel is bomb because she talks a lot in all of her videos, but it's not annoying at all it's very interesting hearing her talk about random shit she did that day AND she has other talk-y vids that are about things I think about but don't realize I think about? i.e. her "ig baddie vs badu" video. Get into it!

Tara Chandra



Seems like a v cool human in general. Her style vids are awesome, but also she does these "Tara Talks" and "T-Weekly" series of videos that are just as interesting. I don't know what else to say. Just watch, okay? Byyyyee!

Taraola.



Tara's 👏 Short 👏 Films 👏 Are 👏 Amazing 👏 Pure Gold Art A++ Fire Bomb Perfect 10 Thank You and Good Night. (And yes she also makes dope fashion vids)

The Fashion Citizen



Stephanie + Mel = The Fashion Citizen. They are my forever faves, I think. I got into them around the same time I got into ClothesEncounters back when it was both Jenn and Sarah. I like seeing their style (both in clothes and in visuals) totally evolve over the years. Also, their weekly vlogs are strangely soothing to me. I also like that their vids + social media aren't cluttered with a bunch of sponsored stuff. I don't always hate when people's entire wardrobe is co-opted, but generally, since so many bloggers + vloggers do that now, it can get pretty boring + lame. Anyway! The Fashion Citizen is the opposite of boring and lame and that's why I like their channel. This caption too long, bruh.

Honestly, when I was scrolling through my subs to find vids for this post, I realized this list could go on and on and on and on. This is really just a handful of the people who release content I find interesting on YouTube. There are so many people who inspire my creative output because they do dope things. Shouts out to people inspiring me visually!

/

Who would you add to this list? What are some of your favorite YouTube channels?




No comments

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Mailchimp link

Newsletter Signup

Subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss new posts!