Bye, 2016.



1. Where were you when 2016 began?

In the low lit basement of a giant Victorian style house, surrounded by people yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?

Moved to Phoenix. Quit a job because it was low key a cult. Went to a zine festival.

3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Nope!

4. Go to any concerts this year?

Yes! Toro Y Moi, Mild High Club (twice), The Allah-Las, The Growlers, Neon Indian, and Beach House!

5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2017?

Yes.

6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2016?

Um, no? Wine is barely alcohol, and I only threw up from drinking one time this year. 🍾

7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?

Tokyo for ten days! I think that's the only trip I took that technically counts as a vacation.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

????????????? Lol, achievement? I think mostly I just wanted to be content with myself/my life in 2016, which I did achieve.

9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2016 and change something, what would it be?

Hm, perhaps I would have begun regularly making art sooner. And with more confidence/fearlessness.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Thank goodness, nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Ummmmmmmmm...Food???

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Bree Newsome pulling down the Confederate flag, in the name of Jesus, AMEN!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

I'LL STICK WITH LAST YEAR'S ANSWER: Donald Trump, tbh.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food/Books/Music/Movies

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Buying a house! Which has totally not happened yet, but will most likely happen in early 2017.

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?

Wham! "Last Christmas" 😭 RIP George Michael.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?

HAPPIER!!!!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Last year's answer ☞ Reading and making art.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eat stuff that isn't good for me.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Mildly buzzed in the loving homes and arms of 3 different families. It was awesome/exhausting!

22. Did you fall in love in 2016?

Yes! With Mild High Club!



23. What was the biggest change for you in 2016?

Surviving an Arizona summer! 🔥

24. What were your favorite TV programmes?

Atlanta, Insecure, Stranger Things, Fleabag, Catastrophe, Sex and the City, Westworld

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No!

26. What was the best book you read?

The Mothers by Brit Bennett

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

MILD HIGH CLUB. I done TOLD you!

28. What did you want and get?

A cute apartment.

29. What did you want and not get?

Creative Independence. (I'm still working on it!)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

This feels kind of difficult! I really enjoyed Hell or High Water and The VVitch. I don't think I have a faaavorite, though.

31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

On the actual day I turned 25, Charlie and I saw an awful movie: Wiener-Dog. This activity was redeemed by our trip to Palm Springs the next weekend.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Making more art!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?

Nice! I thrifted so much this year, and feel, for the first time maybe ever, very comfortable in my sartorial skin.

34. What kept you sane?

Charlie! Always.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Um, everyone sort of flew under my radar this year. Perhaps the closest is Princess Nokia.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

When I'm down, you're always the first one to know
Skipping town, I'll take you wherever I go

Mac DeMarco, "The Stars Keep On Calling My Name"

37. Who did you miss?

No one?

38. Who was the best new person you met?

I met a few people who are pretty cool.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.

Listen better. Speak up for yourself when necessary.

40. What are your plans for 2017?
*screams* I don't exactly know yet!




No comments

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Mailchimp link

Newsletter Signup

Subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss new posts!